Thursday, June 12, 2014

Midway Madness

Moxxie’s “Midway Madness” line is full of youthful joy. The colors exude excitement and the patterns invite you to play. I made this amusement park page intentionally busy and a bit chaotic in line with the chaos and joy of the day. 

Good Times @ Boardwalk

Banners have been all the rage in scrapbooking and Moxxie puts a bright banner on their “Which Way” paper. I emphasized the banner here by cutting some extra pennants and pop dotting them. Adding some red and white twine to the banner top was another colorful addition. Because I wanted to showoff the banner on the top right and the direction pole on the bottom left of the page, I tilted all my pictures to accommodate and made it even more lively. I love it when the paper leads the way to making the page even better. Building on the banner theme, I used the “Midway Maddness” cardstock sticker that says RIDES already cut into another pennant. 


The “Midway Madness” die cut GOOD TIMES! made for the perfect title. Adding just a touch of hand doodled outline (both in white and black) to more die cuts further played up the fun theme and gave me a place for a sub-title and date. My rule of thumb- you may not be inspired to journal deep thoughts onto every page and that is okay. But the scrapbooking police insist you write names, dates and location. For me, even 6 months later and those details are all a blur unless I write them on the page. 

Those blue straws are something I’ve seen others do and wanted to try. They suggest a warm summer day along with kids at play, so they were a perfect addition to this already fun line. All the straws started out the same length so I just snipped them to varying degrees and glued them down. For me, that extra little “something something” makes my page smile. 




Hope this Moxxie “Midway Madness” page made you smile too.

No comments:

Post a Comment