Saturday, January 18, 2014

Simple Sketches

I have been cranking out pages. It helps that I have some local friends who want to get together weekly to craft plus a church group who gathers once a month. Throw in that I'm a speedy scrapper and I'm creating more pages than I can keep up with! A fine problem to have.

Here are some recent sketches from Simple Sketches and my take on them.

Simple Sketch #19
Croquet in Florid
Croquet- I went really simple with this page. I loved the design with the clever little inchies along the sides. It didn't need much as the design was interesting enough without fussing with it too much. Plus I got to use up some old MOXXIE papers in my stash and that always makes me H-A-P-P-Y!



Still in the travel theme, I then got the assignment to create a sketch that had a sun ray on it. I adore sun rays on pages and have made a couple recently that really pleased me. So I printed some small summer pics (perfect for sunshine) but when I created the page, the sun rays didn't work. I used a background I created with paint, brayer, gelli plate and template. And I used a HUGE accordion flower that I had made as party decor previously. I then laid transparent letters over the accordion folds. 
Simple Sketch 21






Summer at Grandpa's






Check out other people's takes on these simple sketches
http://simplesketches.blogspot.com/2014/01/simple-sketches-21.html

No comments:

Post a Comment