Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Volleyball? Having fun with MOXXIE

MOXXIE just put out a bunch of new lines. They alway have some great sports lines. I showed off the Football line last week. Well they have this fun, playful Volleyball line. I don't have any Volleyball pictures....but that did not hold me back.

Here's what I started with - Volleyball by Moxxie
And here is what I did with it. The rainbow paper just sings joy so I had to use that all. Then the fun yellow and grays in varying shades add to the page.
Admittedly, I wanted to get funky with techniques before I started so I inked on the arrows from a mask. Then I spread Modeling Paste over a template of circles. Once dry, I misted that with yellow. I think the yellow circles mimic balls to me and are a nod to the line being a sports line even though I used a playground pic of my son. I must admit, I sloshed glue all over the page while trying to glue down the twine, but you know what? I'm okay with that. Scrapping isn't about perfection. For me its about the memories and the process of creating.

I had fun with this line and I think the page reflects that.

No comments:

Post a Comment