Monday, May 5, 2014

Easter Egg DYE it


Dying eggs with the kiddos and I thought, I can work with this.
After the eggs where done, I had all this left over water with dye in it. 
What to do? What to do? 

For this background, I used gesso moldering paste and stencils to create some pattern and texture on white paper. After I let it dry, I then poured my blue and green egg dyes over. I had to let it dry again. After drying, I had to press the paper under books to get it to lie flat. But once I had created my background, I didn't want to cover it up. So I silhouette cut my son (on Easter from a previous year) and added some ribbon, twine, flowers, doily and stick pins. A small title and I had "PURE JOY."

Here's another using that same left over blue egg dye. I simply got a cheap paint brush and quickly slopped on some blue lines on white paper. Made for a fun background of pictures from a previous Easter of hubby and sonny boy. 

This Easter page used just a touch of watercolored paper at the top. Just like on my eggs, I used a white crayon to draw circles before painting. I scallop cut it and it made a sweet accent for more Easter photos. 
Now you don't have to use the Easter Egg dyed paper on Easter pics, it just worked that way for me. 

I'd love to see if I've inspired anyone to do this. Post your work! 

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to try this but since we were on vacation during Easter in a all white condo that did to belong to me I decided that maybe dying eggs wasn't such a good idea...lol Hoping to give it a try next year.

    ReplyDelete